jueves, 15 de agosto de 2024

Pottery research


Recently I have improved somewhat my pottery staining skills. After consulting Quow's register of results,  I think I can add a very little bit of information, which I hope to be expanding upon in soon-to-come days.

Bonus in crafts.pottery.staining - 278

This morning I made six Agatean teapots at the pottery room in the Sung family estate. I stained two of them with a pagoda pattern, two with a feathers pattern and two with a butterflies pattern. The latter two do not appear in Quow's list, I imagine because he is just too good to get anything but the top results in them.

For the pagoda pattern I predictably got poor results. The message was 'You hastily start to decorate a xxx teapot with some crimson stain' (second from bottom?). The look was indeed disappointing:

A tall tower-like thing has been stained onto it in crimson.

Results were much more promising for the feathers. The first teapot got two 'carefully' messages during the staining process, the second one a 'carefully' and a 'deftly':

It is decorated with a pattern of feathers stained in crimson

A dramatic pattern of feathers envelops the teapot in crimson


As for the butterflies, the results were the same and the messages I got were expertly + carefully and deftly + carefully:

It is decorated with a pleasing pattern of crimson butterflies

And here are some snapshots!





No hay comentarios: