lunes, 12 de agosto de 2024

Cowtastic!


I have been a keen practitioner of the arts of pottery for quite some time. House Sung, in Bes Pelargic, has a very nice workshop, and I've generally excelled at teapots with kitsune fox patterns. But today I discovered a little pot-making place in Sto Lat managed by Ozzie Guntram which welcomes contributions for help and contains a ledger from which you can be assigned orders. 

I tried my hand for the first time with cow jugs (!?), and after some getting my hands dirty, I landed with this little beauty:


A stylish jug formed masterfully from pottery, in the shape of a jolly cow.  While the choice of subject matter is dubious at best, it's hard not to admire the artistry that went into it, from the bovine beam on the cow's face to the four pert udders at the bottom of the jug that form its base.  A pretty ring of beige diamonds decorates the jug.  It is covered with a bright brown glaze.

No hay comentarios: