domingo, 29 de septiembre de 2024

Stopped dead in my tracks

 

So today I experienced my first (and hopefully, last) inhumation. I was involved in some shenanigans in the Ninja guild a short while back, but was expecting nothing to come of it. I expected wrong, as I was to become painfully aware of while waiting in a local shop:

Flying Butterfly opens the west door.

You notice Flying Butterfly nearby.

Flying Butterfly closes the west door.

Suddenly, Flying Butterfly steps in front of you and, before you can defend yourself, slams the side of her hand into your throat.

You try to gasp for air but none can get through your crushed windpipe.  You start to feel dizzy and collapse, your sight dimming.

Looks like you were just inhumed.

You stand up.

You feel at the mercy of the elements.

A Tsortean metal shield clatters to the ground.

A butterscotch yellow oak staff falls from a rip in the air.

Your skin feels itchy, and you scratch it before remembering that as a ghost you don't have to do things like that any more, and your morphic field reasserts itself by turning your skin back to its proper texture.  Well, apparent texture, since you're now intangible.

You feel less articulate.

Someone bows deeply to you.

Someone says: MY, WE'VE BEEN A BIT CARELESS, HAVEN'T WE?  SHALL WE POPPADOM TO THE NEXT DIMENSION?

You turn and see Death standing behind you.

I have no unusual complaints, but it would have been nice if I had been terminated through the Tea Ceremony. Trespassing the guild grounds to check if I could get a shot at it myself was the cause of my hiatus to begin with...


No hay comentarios: