domingo, 1 de septiembre de 2024

More pottery: a traditional tea bowl


I keep producing pieces at the Sung Estate's pottery room, which I find more beautiful -and doable- than those at Sto Lat, even though the latter can pay handsomely. I have tried moving from teapots to something more complex, and a few days ago  I tried tea bowls.  The following was the best result:


This is a small and finely formed Agatean tea bowl. Made to the high standards of Agatean etiquette, it is exactly the right size to drink tea from in the required three sips. An intricate pattern of white and aquamarine waves adorns the bowl. It has been coated with a lustrous thistle violet glaze.

It also has my name inscribed in it 'in tidy cursive'. The Agatean version of Winswand would be 温斯旺 (Wēn sī wàng), and here is how it looks:

No hay comentarios: