lunes, 9 de septiembre de 2024

One from Ephebe, One from Agatea


I continue with my pottery efforts. At the Sung family estate, I have moved from teapots to gaiwans, but am still trying to figure what stain might be more conducive to an improvement of my skills. I have also recently discovered a pottery workshop in Ephebe and given a try to each of their pieces. I am not too partial towards mugs, but the colors in this one blended beautifully:

The bell-shaped bowl of this gaiwan flares beautifully, and nestles perfectly into its matching saucer. The lid settles onto its bowl like a tea leaf drifting down into an Emperor's teapot and the pages of history. A classic scene of artistic bamboo branches has been stained upon it in silver and gold. A clear Sung blue glaze covers the gaiwan.



A classy mug, made of rather fine quality pottery. A pretty ring of ocean silver and grape-gold diamonds decorates the mug. It has been coated with a gleaming sun-kissed purple glaze.


No hay comentarios: