jueves, 17 de octubre de 2024

Even more wearables


Wizards are like magpies. I keep accumulating stuff, even though from a burden-wise point of view, I have to be more selecting about carrying it on me than I would like. Here are a few additions since last we spoke on this matter:

get morgana from every blorples

You get Fata Morgana from a pocket in Blorples.

look morgana

This is a magnificent bronze ring.  Set with a central huge multi-faceted diamond that is surrounded by twelve huge star-shaped sapphires, the ring is a masterpiece that must have taken much skill and patience to craft.  The surrounding sapphires glitter gently in the brilliant light that the diamond gives off, causing the ring to look even more spectacular in its bronze setting.

Fata Morgana is a diamond ring.

It has the hazy octarine sparkle of a magical talisman.

Some time ago I used to have a fancy bronze ring for the casting of illusions, but I seem to have lost it somewhere, so I ordered a new one. Of course, being a wizard, it had to be the fanciest, gaudiest bronze ring I could order, something to put to shame normal finger bands of base gold. I cannot remember how much it cost, but you could probably buy a small country with that amount. No expense was spared.


look mistress

This is a band of platinum with what looks like a stylised fish design on it.  A moderately-sized sapphire is set as the visible eye.

Koi Mistress is a fish ring.

It has the hazy octarine sparkle of a magical talisman.

I always take pride in showing off my belonging to House Sung, and a ring such as this is worn by the Lord, the Lady and the Young Lady, so I had to get one for myself.


get Sapphire Summoner from pack

You get a sapphire hilted knife from a pocket in an ornate bone backpack.

look Sapphire Summoner

With a long, one sharp sided blade this knife is pretty much like any other knife, except it is quite a bit heavier.  The cause of this is the large sapphire which resides at the base of the handle, as well as the sapphires which have been crafted into the handle in circles all the way up and down its length.  While the handle looks pretty and quite intricate and delicate, the blade is a different affair, a dark and evil affair.

Sapphire Summoner is a sapphire hilted knife.

It has the hazy octarine sparkle of a magical talisman.

I recently rediscovered Kelleflump's Irritating Demon as a useful spell for finishing off badly damaged trolls (when they are strong, my sword is generally unable to get a dent on them). For some casts I was using a bone knife, but I made a search for the fanciest looking one I might employ, and this one turned up as an implement of a servant of house Fang, which I promptly and terminally persuaded its owner to part from. Had it deluded, too...


This pretty white gold pendant forms an elegant setting for a large trillion cut moonstone, highlighting its inherent beauty.

The moonstone pendant was a present from Urwan,  a Silver Star wizard. I have to try my own hand at gemsmithing as soon as I've been able to turn out good pots and nice rings.



I thanked Urwan with one of my fancy flutes, but was also able to use some nice calligraphy to express my gratitude. It is an art I never get enough chances to make use of, even though I have some very lovely tools with  which to do it:

get case from wardrobe
You get a red lacquer brush case from a large wardrobe.
look case
This narrow cylinder, made from smooth dark red lacquer, is perfectly sized to hold a calligraphy brush safely and securely.  A smaller version of the shigeo cord found on a katana saya wraps around the case near its throat, and can be used to secure it at the waist.
It could sheathe a brush, pencil or pen.
The red lacquer brush case contains: an expensive ebony calligraphy brush.
It is in excellent condition.


draw brush from case
You put down a wooden harp from your left hand and right hand.
You draw an expensive ebony calligraphy brush from a red lacquer brush case into your left hand.
look brush
The handle of this paintbrush is made of dark ebony wood of exceptional quality, featuring a gleaming silver collar to ensure that the deep black bristles stay in place.  The bristles themselves don't seem to belong to any recognisable animal and are incredibly fine in texture.  They are held in place by a shining silver collar that complements the darkness of the wood perfectly.  This brush looks like it would be excellent when performing intricate, detailed work.
It is in excellent condition.


I also decided to change boots, as the previous ones were a tad heavy, even if they were very fancy and could sheathe a dagger. I've gone for standard, Artificer boots, which can also sheathe wands in case I find it necessary in the future:

These knee-high brown leather boots lace up the front with sturdy cord, and both the toe-caps and the low heels have been plated with steel for protection. The workmanship is solid without being too heavy, and there's enough room inside each to hold a wand conveniently to hand. 
It could sheathe a wand.



Finally, as I've started bringing down the Heavenly Storm Dragon, I find myself in need of a staff as a component. I already carry one stowed away into the pocket dimension of a sapphire ring, but as casting this spell takes like forever, using that one would only lengthen the process. And there's a very useful piece of confectionary that one can use for this process:

l staff in pack
This is, without a doubt, one of the fabled knobbed staves of wizardly lore.  The fine-grained shaft is inlaid with sigils and runes, and the glistening knob draws all eyes with its eldritch air of barely contained arcane might.  The air around the staff feels slightly greasy, and seems to shimmer and hum with potentiality.  It's also about six inches long and made of toffee.
The knob glimmers in octarine.


No hay comentarios: