miércoles, 4 de julio de 2007

Dead Cold??

[I had just taxied to the Temple of the Listening Monks. Happily arrived, I had the time to formulate a spell (blorping the place, in fact) to just... die?? Of cold??? In a minute's time????]

You put the silver ring in a pocket in the leather armband pouch.
Your jet black crystal bell bracelet tintinnabulates gently.
You're so cold you feel as though you're about to expire.
You shiver.
The cold is just too much for you.
As you dissolve into ectoplasm, the light green moon dragon falls through you with an embarrassed squawk.
There is a sudden white flash. Your magical shield has broken.
A medium metal shield clatters to the ground.
Your skin feels itchy; large pieces flake off as you scratch it.
As the Trapped Salamander slips onto your hand, a wave of warmth sweeps through your body.
You shiver.
The light green moon dragon flutters to the ground and ambles about, nibbling at things.
Someone says: MY, WE'VE BEEN A BIT CARELESS, HAVEN'T WE? SHALL WE POPPADOM TO THE NEXT DIMENSION?
You turn and see Death standing behind you.
Death says: LET'S HAVE NO ARGY BHAJI.
Death says: DO YOU HAVE ANY LAST GOOD-BYES OR IS IT STRAIGHT TO THE AFTERLIFE?

[oh, damn...]

Death says: I SUPPOSE YOU WANT TO BE ALLOWED TO STAY, DO YOU?
You hear a very distant whisper echo through the valley.
Death says: I REALLY DON'T LIKE DOING ALL THESE FAVOURS FOR YOU PEOPLE.
Death says: I MEAN, WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
Death says: HOW ABOUT I JUST LEAVE YOU HERE? NONE OF THE GODS WILL TOUCH YOU WITH A BARGE POLE.
Death says: JUST DON'T TELL ANYONE I DID THIS FOR YOU!
Death says: I MAY NOT BE SO FORGIVING IN THE FUTURE. BE MORE CAREFUL.
Death gets back onto Binky and rides away.


[The aftermath was quite funny too, seen in perspective. Mi taxi driver (Rev. Pli Veridicus), who was a pishite, had to return to the rescue-and-resurrection. In the quick chaos of trying to recover, get my stuff and not die again, I spent the last charge of a blue crystal ring to find myself... at the Hub? At the top of Cori Celesti??? O, Gods, today was my lucky day... Fortunately, a kept scroll, sound advice and the help of a witchy friend of Nuit's all conspired to take me back, safe and sound, to the halls of Unseen University and a really huge dinner to make me forget my troubles...]


1 comentario:

FraVernero dijo...

Winswand says...

I'd be grateful if any of you can explain me how this happened, and the measures that can be taken for reassurrance. When on top of the Hub I didn't suffer so much from the frost (I had, on advice, removed my mail shirt). Did I die because of it? Is the valley with the Temple of the Monks colder than the Hub? Gosh, I'm confused...