In my quest for new and ever more interesting and cost-effective ways of accumulating experience, I have learned of a certain sausage-making business close to the Shades, in Ankh-Morpork, that is actively recruiting workers. So after reading a little bit and taking some basic deboning classes, I head to Sam Slager's shop and got to my first order. As of today, I've already fulfilled three! The first was for Grlfx meat (that was painful!), the second for leopard sausages and the third for mixed.
In fact the last two followed closely upon each other. I had just handed in the leopard sausages and saw the mixed order, and remembering I had just seen some zebras and jungle hens in a place I have blorpled in deepest Klatch, I just went for it! I got 3 or 4 hens, two zebra legs and sundry offals, and got working:
put corpse in workbench
You put the corpse of a puffed-up jungle cock in the workbench.
debone corpse on workbench
You skillfully remove all bone material from the corpse of a proud jungle cock and dispose of it through the hole before retrieving the prepared meat from the workbench.
put leg on workbench
You put the zebra left rear leg on the workbench.
debone leg on workbench
You start working on the zebra left rear leg, carefully removing the bones and pushing them down the hole in the workbench.
grind meats in grinder
You place the hunk of chicken meat and two large hunks of zebra meat in the grinder and begin to turn the handle.
You finish grinding up the meat and take the resulting ground meat out of the grinder.
extrude meats from extruder
You place the very large wad of ground mixed meat in the sausage machine and begin to turn the wheel.
You finish extruding the sausages and get the very long string of mixed sausages from the sausage machine.
That was pretty satisfactory! Now I just have to learn a little bit about cooking to be able to produce the spiced type of sausage that gives a premium of money and experience! And I have found something else to occupy my time between xp hunting and Job missions.


No comments:
Post a Comment