viernes, 8 de febrero de 2008

Recharging

So, yesterday Winswand recharged an artifact for the first time. It seems that recharging, with the exceptions of wizards specifically tailored towards that field (Silver Stars?) doesn't get practiced much. Probably, it is our least-employed command. Also a mysterious one, as it is the only one whose requirements are, to the present, unknown. Some time ago there was a research underway to guess (I think it was quite successful, but I don't remember the result). The required level for getting Runes to teach you is probably in the field of magic.items, which are the ones that play on the recharging skillchecks.
The reasons why Recharge isn't employed as much as it should are, of course, self-evident, as it can be deadly dangerous in case of failures, and generally quite expensive, as the only recharging agent until now that works decently is purple mineral powder (recently, though, there's been some tweaking of the recharged Black Shells, so we should be doing some testing there one of these days... Up to now, they just didn't compensate any effort, or so profesional rechargers say).
It is easier, safer, and maybe even cheaper just to buy a new artifact and throw away the empty shell. Not very wizardly, though...
I won't go into details about the general aspects of Recharge, and the items it is used upon. For that, you may as well read the excellent material that's already on the web (like here and here...), but just stick my first (succesful!) recharging attemp on a blue crystal ring. As I only had 44 pinches of powder, I was only able to place 2 charges in it...

>You exclaim to Tempus Plavalaguna: ok... let's hope I don't explode... thanks a lot!

> You tell Trident: well, I am using it for the first time...

Tempus Plavalaguna tells you: balsa wands are deadly, blue rings just a bit- deadly, so only a bit dead.

>You say: okay, let us try not to burst...

Dwmmigh sings "Nooooobody knows, the troubles that I've seen...".

Dwmmigh sings "Sometimes I'm up... and sometimes I'm down...".

>You tell Tempus Plavalaguna: ummm... well, I am a bit more 'democratic' on that subject. Once dead, I won't care much if it was for much or for little...


[...]


>recharge blue crystal ring with 20 pinches of purple powder

The magic seems to drain away into the tiles.

You absorb the power of some purple mineral powder which crumbles into nothingness.

You feed the power into the blue crystal ring and charge it once before the power runs out.

No hay comentarios: