martes, 25 de marzo de 2008

Winswand's Talismans

Of course, that isn't wizard magic. Talismans, like brooms (except for ash-sweeping) and magical brewings remain outside our sphere. But in the case of talismans, we may benefit, like everybody else, from the witchy spell 'Delusions of Grandeur', which gives items a proper name, after some time-consuming training, and makes them a magical object of sorts.

The reasons for deluding are practical and aesthetical. In this section, I'll be listing some of the many things I've christened, and which regularly come along with me...

Onyx Psaltery

I relish all sorts of custom clothing, so I had to have one of the custom badge-for-club substituing items that are made at the Temple of the Monks of Cool. The Psaltery is very appropiately a talker-scarf for the #Musicians club.
As to its name... I find some sort of delight in combining glass and crystal with music... I can't imagine a real crystal harp, but there's this thing they do with wine glasses that has the most ethereal of sounds...

This is a scarf, handmade by Enne Ira in the Temple of the Monks of Cool, hidden in a laid-back valley somewhere in the Ramtops. There is an intricately sewn emblem embroidered on the scarf, bearing the words "Musicians". You feel like the command "musicians" does something.
Onyx Psaltery is a pearlescent velvet scarf.

Bottomless Pit

My backpack is probably the oldest deluded item I still carry with me, as I got rid of many trinklets for burdening reasons. It is also one of the remaining items of my Agatean craze, when almost everything I was wearing came from the Counterweight Continent...

The deep red coloured backpack is made of durable traditional silk. It is shaped like a tube. Each pocket is adorned with delicate embroidery depicting dragons coiling and uncoiling in a lighter shade of red.
Bottomless Pit is a deep red silk backpack.

My Precious

Very appropiate, as it was my first custom ring, and it cost me a fortune. It was the product of another craze of mine, which was spending money in the most expensive items I could find around the Disc. The ring is pretty, though, and serves a nice function as a superb blorple to one of my most frequent portalling locations: the Unseen University.

This is a magnificent black gold ring. Set with a central moderately-sized teardrop-shaped lapis lazuli shard that is surrounded by seven oval-shaped small chrysoberyls, the ring is a masterpiece that must have taken much skill to craft. The surrounding chrysoberyls glitter gently in the brilliant light that the lapis lazuli shard gives off, causing the ring to look even more spectacular in its black gold setting.
My Precious is a lapis lazuli shard ring.


No hay comentarios: