domingo, 20 de enero de 2008

There and back again!

Okay... so Winswand's on the way back, after about 3 months or so (maybe a bit more...) away from the keyboards. Well, you know how addictive this game tends to become. I think it will do me good to try to keep a 'moderate' profile, playing no more than 2 days a week.

Got to re-remember so many things... first of all, recover the mushclient, and then go round re-questing, buying lives and trying some of the new spells that were implemented while I was away. They don't seem to be very tough, and I guess they shall appear here quite soon. They are: Professor Flambardie's Grim Amulet, Kelleflump's Irritating Demon, Skeetbraskin's Fuliginous Perdition and Turnwhistle's Effulgent Autiridescence. Happy that daemonologists have been supplied with some stuff... 3 new spells for them, one offensive. It was long overdue... We thank the Cres for it...

The last issue of the AM Daily also informs of some (not so) minor changes to classical spells. They are the following:

* Narquin's Mist of Doom has been changed so that the damage done while casting it (due to the slashing of wrists) is less likely to break the caster's concentration.
* Wungle's Great Sucking now uses ma.me.me.cursing instead of ma.me.sp.conjuring in its first stage.
* Myrandil's Vicious Seizure now uses ma.me.el.earth instead of ma.me.sp.abjuring in the second stage and the strength of the hands is determined by the caster's ma.sp.offensive bonus rather than abjuring.
* Thousand Dancing Celestial Fates now uses ma.me.ph.dancing instead of cr.points in its first stage.
* Crondor's Fabulous Detection uses a staff to cast and uses ma.it.he.staff to cast now instead of cr.points.

Got to try and test, then. I guess this means my WGS will have difficulties (I have a minimum cursing), otherwise I should be o.k. MVS seems to be made more useful (I am no PK, but as very few have abjuring as a primary, the shift will make it easier, maybe, to tie enemies down to place...).

2 comentarios:

FraVernero dijo...

More spell changes, these ones implemented in November, while I was also away from the mud...

* Effermhor's Hypersonic Assault, Pragi's Fiery Gaze and G'flott's Olfactory Nightmare were changed to bring their GP cost, cast time, memory space and damage in line with each other. The cost of beeswax candles (a component for EHA) was increased and the cost of sulphur blocks (a component for GON) was decreased.

* It should be easier to merge fire bunnies created with the spell Kamikaze Oryctolagus Flammula, but there have been suggestions that merging more than once is not worth the extra carrots.

* Damaged impact shields made with the spell Transcendent Pneumatic Alleviator should recover more quickly than before.

* Rubayak's Power Storage no longer uses crafts.points as a skill and instead uses magic.methods.mental.channeling.

Anónimo dijo...

BTW, the newspaper got it slightly wrong with the WGS stages. Conjuring, now Cursing, is the 4th (not 1st) stage. The line output has remained the same...