lunes, 8 de diciembre de 2008

Poetry in Motion

Inside the Unseen University, and aside from its dangerous grimoires, there's 2 other books that can be read. One is Woddeley's Occult Primer (and we've already talked about that one). The other is a 'closed slim book' that 'does not have anything written on it' (until you open it, that is).

I ignore who might have wrote the three poems that appear on it. Looks like some mischievous student work (but then 'work' and 'student' are oxymoronic words).

The first poem goes like this:

She was so beautiful,
And yet she could not stay with me,
Taken from me,
Back to the Lost Domain,
Away from the World of Men.

I held her and wept,
Weeping into her reddish-brown hair,
Wishing I could go with her,
But knowing that I could not;
Wishing that she could stay with me,
But knowing that she could not.
I looked at her,
At her dark brown eyes,
Pools of darkness, into which
I could fall,
And be lost forever.

Suddenly, something (inside?)
Took control of me,
And I cried out
As I let go of her,
And fell down.

I blacked out but could see
And hear what was about me,
But she was gone,
Back to the Lost Domain,
Away from the World of Men.

And now, all I have
Is a painting,
A fair replica,
But not fair enough,
With her hair and her eyes,
But not her smile.

Did she feel sad
At going from me,
Back to the Lost Domain,
Away from the World of Men?

The World of Men is now but a poor shadow,
And the Lost Domain has stolen my heart.

No hay comentarios: